Full Service Tampa DJs
Our DJs in Tampa Bay are Professional, Flexible, and Interactive
Our DJs in Tampa Bay understand the responsibility of being the entertainment for one of the biggest days of your life. Your Wedding DJ will make or break your reception. Once you book, we will send you a bridal folder so that you can pick the music and atmosphere that you want. DJs tend to fall in two extremes, they either are 1)too over the top, “all about me” mentality, don’t know when to shut up or 2) they sit behind their equipment, don’t give any direction or announcements. You will find our Tampa DJs to be a balance of the two extremes. We will be a leader, make the announcement so that your guests, catererer, photographer, videographer, know whats going on, however we also understand that the wedding reception is not about the DJ, it’s about bringing your family and closest friends together in having the best night of your life.
1. A good wedding DJ has to have a wide variety of music. This is one reason why Club DJs, and Radio DJs do not make good wedding DJs. As you see in the video above and below, you will hear the current dance songs, along with a variety of music that will appeal to the different ages and ethnic groups.
2. Once you book one of our Tampa DJs, we will mail you a Bridal Folder that will have info and worksheets so that you can design our DJ services to meet your needs. We have you number in order of priority the styles of music you like so that our DJ will tailor the mix to fit your taste in music.
3. We believe in operating as a team, therefore, you will find our Tampa DJs will be friendly and commnicate with your Photographer, Videographer, Caterer, regardless if they are part of our staff or not. It is, however a great advantage to have our Photographers & Videographers on your wedding, because our DJs know them, and have each others cell phone numbers, so they are always in contact with them even at times when they may have you outside of the room like during sunset pictures. If one member of our staff becomes aware of something, they communicate it to the other members of our staff. Getting your guests on the dance floor is only part of the process that will make your wedding reception a success. It will also be all the communication that is done behind the scenes that will help you to get the most out of your reception with very little wasted time.
4. A good wedding DJ is very attentive to the crowd. The timing of the music is critical as well as the momentum of the dance floor. For most crowds we do some group dances towards the beginning, because it allows people to get on the dance floor with out a partner, and loosens up everyone.
5. Our introductions is usually a combination of 3 songs. We do one song for the parents, usually movie oriented or a song from their era. For the Bridal Party, we play something very upbeat, sports or dance oriented. For the bride and groom we will usually pick something based upon the syles that they like, as shown on the reception worksheet. The introductions are very important, it sets the tone for the whole reception, so when the guests see a good intro, then they are expecting the dancing to be good.
6. DJ Lighting doesn’t get people on the dance floor, as some DJs think, It’s the knowledge and experience of a good DJ that gets people on the dance floor; playing the right song at the right time. With that being said, however, lighting does add to the atmosphere.
7. DJ lighting is the moving lights for the dance floor which is included in our services. Uplighting is event lighting that is usually placed around the perimeter of the room, or around areas that you really want to highlight, Cake Table, Head Table, Candy Table, etc. See our Uplighting page for more info and rates.
8. We don’t force people to dance, but we provide an atomosphere that will get maximum participation in the dance. “My job as the DJ is to help everyone there have a good time, and to some people that means eating cake and talking to old friends, however to others it means dancing.” We will get as many people as possible on the dance floor without having to force them out there.
9. The wedding reception is unique in that you have all these friends and family from different segments of your life and they all come together in this one special day. One way we try to bring them together is in the Conga line. It can be the spark that can turn a dead crowd into a excited crowd. We will often beg people to join the train by saying “if you only do one thing tonight, get in on this, and I won’t bother you the rest of the night”. Well the truth is, it’s a trick…I know that once they get their bodies moving, they realize, dancing can be fun and they will continue to dance.
Celebrations of Tampa Bay although now has won awards for Photography and Video, we started as solely a DJ Company in 1991, and therefore understand the importance of a quality DJ.